Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family.  This year was especially fun because Cooper understood a little more about the magic of Christmas.  He loved seeing Ho Ho (aka Santa) and was even more fascinated that Ho Ho rides in a sleigh pulled by reindeer!  He also understood a little more about the birth of Jesus and that is why we celebrate Christmas.  He did get baby Jesus and Ho Ho confused a little bit (we'll have to work on that) :))  And he really loved the cows in the nativity, haha!  The joys of a 2 year-old...



On December 20th we celebrated life and death.  My SIL gave birth to precious baby boy and my sweet Granny went Home to eternity.   Angie Smith subtitled her book, I Will Carry You, "the sacred dance of grief and joy," and that day we experienced great joy and great grief.  I will have to write another blog post about my Granny, but she was the strongest and most godly woman I have ever had the privilege of knowing.  I know she is rocking my sweet James Tipp and worshiping her Savior face-to-face.  How beautiful heaven must be.

Cooper and I spent the whole week in LA.  It made more sense for us to stay and travel with my parents to the funeral as opposed to coming back to North Al and then driving to the funeral in MS.  The less travel time for Cooper = the better the trip.  Sister and her family were there for most of the week also.  Coop loves his cousins so much!   On the 22nd (6 month of glory days for James Tipp) we decorated and baked sugar cookies for Santa.  It was a huge mess, but oh so fun!  The kids were white with flour by the end of it and so was mom's kitchen.  There was a minor incident with cookie dough in cousin S's ear canal, but we managed to avoid a trip to the ER, thankfully.






Christmas morning Ho Ho brought Cooper lots of horses and cows and had white balloons everywhere for James Tipp.  Coop was so excited and kept saying over and over again, "mama a cow, mama a horse!" It was very important for me to include James Tipp in our holiday.  He is so much a part of our everyday lives.  We wanted to get him a gift, but coming up with what to do was difficult.  I knew we would make a donation to Compassion in his memory, but I wanted to do something more.  Another mom of loss posted on Facebook that she had asked family members to either contribute to a charity or do a random act of kindness in her daughter's memory.  Then the family members were to write down what they did and they would fill her daughter's stocking with these gifts.  I read this and thought what a wonderful idea!  So we asked our family to do a random act of kindness in memory of James Tipp and to write it down and give to us to put in his stocking.  I'll share later how God provided me with the  perfect act of random kindness.  I firmly believe that when you ask God to show you how you can give  He will provide you with an opportunity - He certainly did with me.  We also decided to do an ornament every year for Cooper and James Tipp.  This was a tradition my Grandparents did with me and Husband's grandparents  did with him.  Sister also gave James Tipp an ornament and husband gave me an ornament for him as well.  Next year we may do a separate Christmas tree for James Tipp!

Christmas was a whirl of emotions but great fun was had.


No comments:

Post a Comment