Wednesday, April 2, 2014

#4

Yes, we are expecting baby #4 to arrive around June 1st!  We got a huge surprise at my OB/GYN's office in September and found out we were pregnant.  This pregnancy has gone smoothly so far and I've done extremely well considering we have lost 2 babies.   My biggest struggle has been keeping my anxiety under control.  During my first trimester my blood pressure was high due to my fears.  There were days I would let the fear completely consume me.  I prayed 2 Timothy 1:7 hourly sometimes. As my pregnancy has progressed, my fears have decreased.  I feel much more at peace with this pregnancy now (at almost 32 weeks).  I'm starting to let myself get excited about another baby.  At first I wouldn't even let myself think of the joy a newborn brings.  Now I realize I have so much to do and so little time, ha!

I can definitely tell a difference in Cooper too.  He has been so clingy to me lately.  He has never been much of a snuggler and now he wants me to hold him all the time.  Plus, he only wants me to bathe him and read bedtime stories to him.  We have been talking about the new baby a lot and I have been showing him the nursery and saying this is baby's room, which he responds with a "no, this is Cooper's room."  I am hoping the transition won't be too hard on him.   I've been making a conscience effort to spend more one-on-one time with him.  He has done great with moving to big boy room and POTTY TRAINING!  I'm so proud of him for potty training.  I really did not want 2 in diapers so around the middle of February I decided to give potty training a try and see what happened.  He exceeded my expectations and in a week he was potty trained.  He is still wearing pull-ups for nap and bedtime, but most days he wakes up dry.

All in all these past months have been busy, but we are thrilled about our new addition and thank God every day for this miracle of life.

And did I mention it's a GIRL :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katherine!!! I am SOOOO excited! What a blessing!!! We will be praying for you guys and your precious baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete